Wednesday 13 March 2013

Police brutality at Daveyton

The day after the Police dragged Mido Macia behind a Police vehicle while he was handcuffed angry residents of Daveyton protested outside the Daveyton Police Station.








Protesters (below) outside the Benoni Magistrates Office where the 9 Policeman where busy with their bail application. 





The 9 Policeman in court on the final day of their bail application. They did not receive bail.



 8 of the 9 policeman kept covering their faces, only one of them sat upright during their bail application.


Little behind the scenes story

The media restrictions were pretty bad at this court case with only two photographers allowed inside to shoot pool for all the publications. I at least made it inside with the final judgement when they allowed three photographers in.

I even had a little push and shove session with a metro cop who didn't want to allow me inside to have a quick word with the Pool photographers. He kept asking where my accreditation was whilst pushing me out the door. So I went and got a armband and went straight back inside. He had nothing to say when he confronted me and I showed him the accreditation.






















No comments:

Post a Comment